Honey Butane Investigations and Lab Safety
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location: Mendocino County Sheriff's Office
Directions: 951 Lowe Gap Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
All Applications will be reviewed
Course Description: This class is intended for any officer/agent who conducts marijuana law enforcement investigations in California. This class will cover the following topics:
- What is BHO? Butane facts.
- Why concentrated cannabis?
- Chemical properties and purity of solvents. Polarity of solvents.
- Health and Safety code sections 11379.6
- Non 11379.6 H&S labs – pollen extractors and Rosin presses
- Alcohol, propane and butane extractions
- BHO extraction – components of a lab.
- Making BHO - shatter, vacuum purge, oven purge.
- Closed loop systems, Smoking BHO
- BHO lab investigations and BHO lab explosions